Tuesday, August 26, 2008

lunchtime prayers & conversation

Laughing at the idea that mommy was once a college student.  (that is not really what this picture is, but I thought it fit)!

Today Harrison prayed a very thankful prayer listing lots of things he was glad to have...shoes so he can go to the mall, toys, food, etc.  Then he prayed:  "thank you for my rescue heroes, thank you for daddy's work stuff, thank you for Anna Claire's dolls, thank you for Abigail's toys and thank you for mommy's.....purse.  I guess my purse is pretty important.  It holds my keys, phone, money, Abigail's diapers and toys and various other things :-).
After his somewhat lengthy prayer, Anna Claire said, "now let's eat!!"
Later I was telling them about something that had happened after I graduated from college.  Harrison exclaimed, " mom, you were never a college student!"  He had the funniest look on his face, like I must be in some dream world or something.
They have been playing together so great all day today.  That is something for which I am very thankful.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You want me to set him straight? :)

Kat said...

You have beautiful kids! Glad I found your blog. Good to hear from you and about how you're doing. Take care!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! :) I'd love to interact with your kiddos sometime...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.